SMART CITY COURSES: Smart City Courses as the part of SDP’s Management Consulting & Government Advisory service offering for Public, Private and Social sector clients.
Product/ Service Delivery Duration:
Min 3-4 months depending upon Size of offering required and Scope of Work.
Ideal Client Type:
Public, Private and Social sector clients: International Agencies, National Governments-Ministries; Local Governments-Municipalities, Development Authorities, Smart City SPVs/ offices, Private Companies.
What is in the package of Product/Services (Deliverables)?
Smart City Courses, Capacity Building, Training, Workshop, Seminars etc.
Support for Delivering, Customizing & Support for the following Smart City courses
Product Offering/SoW Overview:
- Designing Smart City Courses, Workshop, Seminars etc. -Setting Vision, goals, objectives, focus areas & learning outcomes of the Programme based on the regional precincts.
- Supporting for the contents of the Programme brochure.
- Preparing Benefit realization framework (qualitative/tentative quantitative) of the course.
- Stakeholder mapping the target industry & audience of the course.
- Supporting in identifying Self-motivated students targeting a particular professional niche or intellectual vocation & Mid-career professionals returning to school to fill a specific skills gap.
- Designing & developing the Course Curriculum, case studies, viva, project work and capstone projects.
- Developing the performance review and grading (CGPA/SGPA) system.
- Preparing Operating model or delivery-teaching framework (hybrid-online/offline) for the Programme-backward design framework, and traditional and non-traditional organizational teaching strategies (such as storytelling).
- Advising about the standardization, membership, accreditation for credibility of the Programme.
- Preparing the course particulars (considering Education Policy, Examination Policy & Academic Regulations as per guidelines) & tentative timeline.
- Designing the active learning methods in lesson planning for engaging students.
- Preparing pricing framework for the Programme, preparing the schedules matrix for classes.
- Designing digital library contents for Knowledge management.
- SC Fundamental Courses: Smart City Conceptualization, Smart City Principles, Smart cities and community, Smart Cities, Smart Citizens, Future Cities, Responsive Cities; Smart Urbanism; Basics Of Smart Solutions In Urbanism, Buildings, Information; Co-Creating Sustainable Cities; Connected City; Protyping Future Cities; Smart Cities Basics; Smart Sustainable Cities – methodologies;
- Smart City Physical Infrastructure Courses: Smart Cities Infrastructure Planning and Development, Urban Infrastructure and Smart Cities, Smart City Design & Development; Smart Buildings; BIM Smart Information modelling; Smart Energy & Mobility In Infrastructure, Finance, Management; Urban Design-Future Cities; BIM: from sketch to digital twin.
-Smart City Innovation & Technologies Courses: Emerging Design and Technology in Smart Cities; Smart Cities Technologies and applications : BIM-GIS- IOT-AI; BIM and GIS for making Smart Cities using Infraworks-Civil 3d-ArcGIS; BIM and GIS for making Smart Cities using Infraworks-Civil 3D-ArcGIS; Urban Science & Informatics; Smart Cities and Urban Analytics; Smart Cities and Urban Analytics; Smart Cities-IoT Foundations Standards and Ecosystems; Emerging technologies integration.
-SC Policies, Standardization & Governance Courses: Standardization of Smart City; Smart measurement and learning; Smart E-Governance; Urban Governance: Resilient and Smart Cities; Citizen Participation and Inclusive Governance.
-SC Societal Courses: Smart Cities-Urban Sociology for Urban World; Smart Sustainable Cities - the Social Design.
-Smart City Service Oriented Courses: Smart Transportation for Smart Cities; Safety, Security and Disaster Management for Smart Citizen; Smart Energy; Smart Mobility; Urban Analytics and Visualization; Smart Initiatives; Smart Initiatives Interoperability Model.
-SC Digital Infrastructure Courses: Digital Transformation of Mega Cities, Digital Transformation.
-SC Management Courses: Smart Urban Infrastructures Management, Smart leadership and strategy, Project Management in Smart Cities; Management of Urban Infrastructures; Smart City Development and Management; Smart City Public Systems.
-SC Economics & Financials Oriented Courses: Sustainable Smart Funding for Smart Cities; Economics for Smart Cities and Climate Policy; Business Challenges; Smart Infrastructure Finance; Smart Sustainable Cities, new forms of Entrepreneurship & open innovation accelerators.
-SC Environment, Resilience & Sustainability Oriented Courses: Application of Solar Energy for Smart Cities; Green Buildings in Smart Cities; Solid waste Management in Smart Cities; Sustainable Water and Sanitation for Smart Cities; Sustainable Cities-Economy; Cities and the Challenge of Sustainable Development; Urban Design And Sustainability; Smart Resources & Resilience; Cities and Climate Change; Climate Adaptation and Local Resilience; Inclusive Service Delivery & the SDGs; The Age of Sustainable Development.
*Pricing will be done module wise-min 1500 USD-Max 15,000 USD for smart city course delivery for individuals and for universities, organizations, public-private sectors in designing, developing and customizing the Smart City Courses, workshops, seminars, events-min 110,000 USD.
- Need for an inclusive approach to include all stakeholders of the smart cities each smart cities Project teams, Urban Local Bodies officials, representatives, Industry, Academia (courses for under-graduation, masters and PhD), and off course citizens.
- Need for knowledge- collaboration – both nationally and internationally to access the latest ideas /innovations, best practices, approaches and Smart City technology enabled solutions.
- Need for a ‘continuous program of skills / capacities / knowledge upgrade over the entire ‘Life Cycle of the Smart Cities Initiatives’ – from concept, design, construction, operations and service deliveries.
- Increased workforce engagement, enhanced citizen and government engagement
- Actionable skills, knowledge and strategic frameworks to help you capitalize on smart city trends and advance your career.
Additional Free Offerings:
SMART CITY COURSES
- Insufficient understanding/appreciation of Smart City/Initiatives needs
- Over-reliance on training and education
- A lack of access to or existence of facilities, programmes, or resources to support awareness
- Failing to provide support for or access to Smart City Knowledge
- Insufficient availability of resources
- Little or no local ownership of Smart City Or Initiatives programmes and projects
- Insufficient focus on sub-national capacity
- Lack of standardized Smart City and Initiatives evaluation indicators
- Lack of general awareness and knowledge of risk drivers and the stakeholders’ Smart City and Initiatives roles (including at the local level)
- A lack of understanding of existing legal instruments
- A focus on non-conflict areas