SOLUTION SCAN: Smart City Solution Scan service as the part of SDP’s Management Consulting & Government Advisory service offering for Public, Private and Social sector clients.
Product/ Service Delivery Duration:
Min 2-3 months depending upon Size of offering required and Scope of Work.
Ideal Client Type:
Public, Private and Social sector clients: International Agencies, National Governments-Ministries; Local Governments-Municipalities, Development Authorities, Smart City SPVs/ offices, Private Companies.
What is in the package of Product/Services (Deliverables)?
- Smart City Solution Scan Report.
- Support in Stakeholder Consultation, Management & Recommendations.
Product Offering/SoW Overview:
To identify potential technology-enabled smart solutions for users in different use contexts and segment.
To support decision-making around upcoming research and development activities.
Co-creative opportunity identification across multiple customer segments.
Smart City Initiative Contextual exploration.
Assessment of the key tech enablers.
Discover Smart Solution relevant to the challenges identified, expert interviews and desk study.
Frame user needs, value and identify tech enablers.
Identifying the Smart City Solution’s functionality Is Must-Have Core,
Describe the idea & concept the generated Smart City Initiative.
Validate using Smart City Initiative user interview.
Prioritize the R&D implications.
Define the boundaries of the smart city project.
Define the business need and the expected outcome of the smart city project.
Identify constraints that limit a smart city project team’s options for developing a solution.
List assumptions regarding decisions outside the smart city project team’s control.
Identify business processes impacted by the smart city project.
Identify internal and external entities with which the smart city project team will interface.
- Projects with minimum viable product, with pilot tested on the market.
- Projects in pre-seed phase (at the development phase of the solution proposed, or just the conceptual design).
Potential to improve the value offer
Potential impact on the business
Maturity of the product or technology
Maturity of the team and the organisation
Experience in collaboration.
Efficient Resource Utilization.
Time Saving for implementation.
Strategic Planning & Development.
Sprint-based validation of an identified smart product opportunity.
Additional Free Offerings:
- Inefficiency in resource optimization for Smart City Initiative Implementation.
- Delayed timeframe for smart city implementation.
- Lack of right fit and impact generating smart solution.
- Lack of coordination between smart city stakeholders.
- Unsuccessful impact generation from the smart city initiatives.
- Smart Solution Inputs & value addition, Efficiencies (and scale, Outcomes: quality, timeliness, equity.
- Combined with other forecasting tools, can assist in policy making by identifying important needs or gaps.